Slashing Incident involving RockLogic GmbH Validators - April 13, 2023

@Izzy, thanks a lot for putting everything together. Really appreciated!

I would suggest moving the decision with consequence options (proposing these three below) to the DAO vote, as I think it may be hard to find a consensus in forum discussion:

• either release the Node Operator from the current limit (5 800 keys) as soon as possible after the Snaphot vote ends (I won’t say immediately, as Easy Track limit increase require at least 72 hours)
  • either release the Node Operator from the current limit, when new Node Operators from Wave 5 will reach the level of 5 800 keys;
  • or to stay with the current limit (5 800 keys) the Node Operator has.

I added the last option, as without it won’t really be a democratic decision, because suggested only “yes, now” and “yes, but later” options. We need to take into account, that some voters would like to have still limit in place. In case they won’t have an option to say “no”, they will just ignore the vote, which I think is not good for the whole governance.

I do understand that it is not the best option to have everything via DAO in scale (and :crossed_fingers:t3: we won’t need to solve such incidents in future), but for this time there is an opportunity for us to end this story.

Also I believe that it may be nice to include some kind of flow how we wrap up such incidents (what should we do with keys: limit, limit for some time, etc), because ad-hoc approach seems to me a bit controversial. In case it fits “guardrails” to treatment of potentially harmful incidents you mentioned here, that would be great.

2 Likes