Staking Router Distribution Mechanisms Research

Thanks for the input! I did indeed expand on parameters (above was a first draft) to take into account decentralization and performance metrics as well as module capacity. So the initial part of the research is basically seeking to clarify how modules can differ and how that can be compared.

Then, the second part goes into distribution model options (governance-based, token-based, algorithmic). What you describe would fall under the 3rd class, i.e. algorithmic distribution. Haven’t gotten too far on that besides looking e.g. at how Jito and Marinade do their algorithmic distribution on Solana. Currently thinking to include some breakdown of what is available on-chain plus some thoughts on how additional inputs could be brought on-chain (i.e. oracles or governance-based inputs that Dmitry is describing, which I look at as “hybrid models”).

Given the scope of the research and complexity of these topics I assume some of the intra-module research work such as what you are linking and e.g. also A mechanism for a good validator set maintenance by Nethermind Research [Phase II] [Completed] will dive much deeper into some of these topics.

My goal is to have a comprehensive overview that can form the basis for deciding on next steps for the Lido DAO - highlighting pros and cons/limitations of different implementations. Hope this helps provide some context, I’ll be sharing some more on the current state of my work EOW and likely will make a draft of the initial work available soon after.

2 Likes