wstETH on Avalanche and BNB and Ownership Acceptance by Lido DAO

Hello Lido Community,

I’m Kydo from the Uniswap community.

I’d like to share the Uniswap Bridge Assessment Report with you. This report distills Uniswap’s learning from the turbulent bridge battle, a contentious debate that generated over 200 comments and 50 thousand words on our forum.

This 50+ page report details the assessment methodology and the analysis of 6 bridges.

While this report may not perfectly apply to Lido’s current situation, and it may not include the latest information on these bridges, I believe it offers a helpful starting point for developing a framework to analyze the security properties of these interoperability protocols.

I am starting to feel this discussion thread is descending into the Uniswap bridge situation. As a Uniswap delegate who went through that, I do not wish that for Lido.

I hope Lido community leaders (ccing a few here @Hasu @sacha @ujenjt ) can start these technical conversations early and steer the discussion to more productive territories.

Background info:

1. Orignial heated discussion around Uniswap bridging: https://gov.uniswap.org/t/rfc-update-deploy-uniswap-v3-1-0-3-0-05-0-01-on-bnb-chain-binance/19734
  2. Uniswap bridge committee members and their background (included in the report):
11 Likes