Expansion of Lido's Ethereum Oracle set

While cool on paper, I’m 100% positive that would either make for a miserable process or would require committee for rotation management (read: another multisig with special access). I’d preferred strong and stable oracle set without major disturbances

2 Likes

Agreed on it!

A quick Q, why we need a multisig committee for rotation mgnt. I thought it could be done by onchain voting (oracle permission update).
However, I do see there will be much async conversation work for coordination before and after the vote, which can’t be replaced with automation in the current system.

The sheer amount of coordination required to push periodic onchain votes on tactical decision / action won’t get us far enough. So: technically possible, really — not much so

1 Like

@satBalwyn thanks for your opinion and proposal!
We discussed different versions of onboarding within the team, and we also had the idea of onboarding maybe not full set, e.g. 4 oracles first. In this case, those potential oracles that are node operators in other protocols will not get into the set. We will be happy to further cooperate with them as node operators.

As a result, we created a snapshot vote with several options: onboard 4, onboard 6, do not onboard anyone.
I think that in this case, the majority of votes will show us which way we will move further.

1 Like

Snapshot vote will live till Dec, 16, 4PM UTC
Please, cast your votes!

1 Like

Good day all, my name is Jordan and I’d like to provide a brief introduction to Spire:

Spire is a registered company in the US that’s operated by a team of engineers in Texas. Our backgrounds are in midmarket and Fortune 500 Infrastructure & Operations. The company was founded to bring the team’s passion, technical expertise, and core values to Web3.

Spire has supported development with leading blockchain co-founders and projects, operated validators, led fund raises via ISPO, and provided permissioned off-chain services for 2+ years in various ecosystems. A portfolio overview is available on our web site.

The oracle set expansion is a great opportunity to support Lido and its community. While incentives may exist for new oracle operators, our goal is to develop long-term relationships and contribute to responsible growth for the ecosystems in which we participate. We’re committed to adhering to the guidelines set forth by Lido and operating in Lido’s best interest, including maximizing safety and security.

Thanks to Lido and the community for your support!

-Jordan, Principal Operator

4 Likes

For safety reasons, the best approach is to onboard four non-NodeOperators, because, in another case, we would have five old committee members and six new one that is a little bit worse than 5 + 4. I suggest onboarding the remaining candidates in the next round after the withdrawal upgrade (March/April 23).

Hey builders! Anyone want to add his quote to the article? PM me if so.

1 Like

Rated is ready!

5 Likes

The snapshot has passed successfuly, and DAO opted in for onboarding of 4 new Oracles — Snapshot. The on-chain onboarding is to be done in Jan so not to increase on-call workload during the holiday season.

5 Likes

Kyber Network joins Lido on Ethereum Oracle set with address: 0xA7410857ABbf75043d61ea54e07D57A6EB6EF186

Signature: https://etherscan.io/verifySig/13283

Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/kybernetwork/status/1611948196502339585?s=46&t=Co49IjoBoaZph43dPk5DEQ

2 Likes

Instadapp joins Lido on Ethereum Oracle set with address,
0x1Ca0fEC59b86F549e1F1184d97cb47794C8Af58d

Signature: Ethereum Verified Signed Message

Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/Instadapp/status/1612504091896467456

1 Like

bloXroute joins Lido on Ethereum Oracle set with address 0x61c91ECd902EB56e314bB2D5c5C07785444Ea1c8

Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/bloXrouteLabs/status/1612491443846934530

1 Like

The omnibus vote is launched! The main phase lasts 48 hours and ends an Thu, Jan 12, at 2 PM UTC.
Please cast your votes!
If you have any questions about the vote, feel free to ask!
https://vote.lido.fi/vote/149

1 Like

Wow! :heart_eyes: Excited to see the oracle set is expanding! Welcome!

3 Likes

The vote #149 was enacted.

Now we have 9 oracles and 5/9 quorum! :tada:

3 Likes

The Oracles have been successfully funded for new ops & refunded for the gas spent previously.

3 Likes

The New Oracle daemon in Shapella hardfork would require the data approx. for the past two weeks, so an archive node would be necessary to facilitate this. Furthermore being the key component for Lido protocol operation we would imply an additional requirement for it to be owned by the Oracle provider (cloud solutions are not an option).
Gathered different estimations Lido DAO operations team proposes to compensate an average estimated expense on maintaining archive nodes to Oracles of 18,000 DAI per month (9 Oracles x 2,000 DAI per month). It will be resourced out of remaining Development expense per Lido-1 budget during Mar and Apr 2023. For further periods this maintenance will be incorporated into Lido-2 budget, requested a little bit later.

We request Oracle operators to publish here wallets to be used for this compensation along with a link to signed message confirming the address.

2 Likes

Chorus One’s confirmation of reward address: Ethereum Verified Signed Message

3 Likes

Instadapp’s address for receiving compensation for operating the LIDO oracle node is 0x86e8701DBD8F39EC10f0AF4B2290AB252481CEA5

2 Likes