Hey Lido community!
The 4th quarter 2022 ended and we’d like to share a report on LEGO’s achievements for this period. Before diving into Q4 2022 results please also consider checking RFP for Ethereum censorability monitor, we’d appreciate your feedback and ideas!
Full LEGO Q4’22 report available here.
LEGO - Lido Ecosystem Grants Organisation - is a framework by the Lido DAO to fund initiatives which help benefit and grow the Lido ecosystem. It is designed as a straightforward process through which external contributors can seamlessly gather the funding and resources required to act on their concepts.
By rewarding talent early with developer incentives, bounties, and infrastructure support, LEGO acts as a catalyst for growth and helps to maintain Lido as a leading and most useful liquid staking protocol in the whole space.
You can learn more about LEGO and apply for funding by visiting Lido Ecosystem Grants Organisation - LEGO.
The 4th quarter of 2022 saw a number of exciting developments of LEGO, including:
- Lido joined Proof Of Stake Alliance;
- Compensations for security assessments of L2 bridges and Lido-on-X projects;
- Analytical tools development and support: MEV Relay Dashboards and Alerts, maintenance of https://stakerops.io/;
- Grants to Llama for the delivery of stMATIC Aave V3 integration on Polygon and Matrixport for testing a rewards booster for staking;
- Support of Stereum continuous development;
- Jakov replaced Edi as a LEGO nominee, thank you Edi and welcome Jakov!
By the end of the quarter $247K were allocated to LEGO initiatives or 49.4% of budget fulfilment. The remaining part is carried over to Q1’23 and to offset the refilling amount.
Please see full overview in Q4’22 report.
- The LEGO budget will remain at 500,000$, matching its historical level of spending. Budget will consist of 40% LDO and 60% DAI token split;
- Individual allowances to be recalculated each quarter: USD equivalent using 30d TWAP is calculated for 15k and 10k LDO (council and nominees respectively), if the wallet of LEGO member has higher or equal balance than calculated allowance - it doesn’t get a refill.
- The beginning of Q1’23 started with a major grant to Nethermind for Decentralised Identities and Verifiable Credentials knowledge base;
- Please check out and spread a word about our RFP for Ethereum censorability monitor!
Refill amount and individual allowances for Q1 2023 are following (using 30d TWAP for LDO as of January 11th 2023 = 1,1715):
EasyTrack motion for LEGO MS top up to be started on Monday 16th of January (to avoid voting on Sat - Sun).
For more information on proposals shared with LEGO, visit research.lido.fi.