Lido FTE & Contributor Breakdown

Hi Aurelius, thank you for your response.

Firstly, I understand the privacy considerations and I wasn’t expecting to see salary per contributor, but rather:

1. The funding allocation per WS and;
  2. The number of FTEs and freelance contributors per WS.

If the former is still a privacy concern, the latter certainly isn’t.

Secondly, I think there’s merit in being concerned about the ‘rough and inaccurate provisional budget’ relative to the LIDO-1 budget we’ve seen. Especially given that the former budget should have been prudent, rounded up costs.

The rough budget estimated 83 employees (FTEs only), while the current budget made way for 96 employees (FTEs and freelancers). This is only a 15.7% increase in staff, however 6-month expense overheads increased by 33% ($11.2m vs $8.4m). How is this even possible?

I want to emphasise here that I’m not trying to create problems where there aren’t any. I believe in Lido, its team and its vision and this is reflected in my relatively large long-term LDO position. In saying this, this is a DAO which should in essence thrive on communication and clear transparency (where possible).

If you’re up to it, please send me a message and we can discuss a couple ways that I think we can create this better transparency for Lido’s community while respecting the necessary privacy of its team members.

2 Likes