Numic is joining Pier Two

Thank you both to @Pier_Two and Numic for providing us this news. Given the other acquisition that occurred recently, I personally suggest that we proceed with considering this news similarly. Namely, to:
a) assess whether as a result of the business deal there are material changes to validators operations (different people / different infra), and
b) assess whether as a result of the business deal there are material changes to the organizational structure and “meta-properties” of the node operator (eg impact on geographic and jurisdictional dispersion of the operator set).

Some of the above questions have been partially answered by the information provided above, but it would be useful to have a more structured/formal response in order to proceed with the detailed considerations.

In this specific case, since Numic is currently at 0 active keys as a part of the remediation efforts for the previously disclosed incident, I believe there is no urgency to consider immediate pausing or exiting of the operator.

Based on a response from Pier Two to the above questions, I would suggest we similarly (to the CMF <> Galaxy case) ask the community and LNOSG analyze and discuss the answers, and suggest a course of action to be put forth to tokenholder vote, in order to determine whether the operator in its new form should remain in the curated set (or a secondary option should be explored).

1 Like