Team Proposal: Jacob Blish

Hey folks, Viktor from Bison Trails here. For context: I invested in Lido as part of the Paradigm round, Jacob and I worked on the same team at ConsenSys, and I referred him to this role.

One nice thing that Lido has done well is that it optimizes for getting in proposals and deciding on them individually, rather than doing lengthy RFP processes. For example, there’s only one proposal for Polkadot/Kusama staking that will almost certainly pass as opposed to having several proposals and selecting among them. This has been the case for most proposals that I’ve seen. This dynamic is best explained by the fact that there’s really not that many people/teams that have the skillset, interest, and time to work on this stuff, so there’s little competition. But the “bias for action” dynamic is also frankly largely responsible for the progress Lido has made to become the pooled liquid staking industry leader.

I think the process in hiring Jacob was similar to the process for getting everything else done at Lido - a need was identified, work was put in to figure out how to do it, a proposal was submitted for consideration and voting, and was decided. So in that context, I think this was done appropriately.

However, I do also think @kagan and @frontalpha feedback is valid in that over time, process will become more important! I don’t think any DAO has really identified the perfect process for how to hire (and fire!) people, and that’s going to be one of Jacob’s responsibilities. So please keep sharing your feedback and recommendations - it’s crucial that we get these so that as these processes start to come together, they can leverage all our learnings.

Thanks y’all, and welcome to the team Jacob <3

1 Like