Withdrawals. On validator exiting order

While I like the combined approach (and lean a little bit more to Izzy vs Flo), I think it has benefits to keep this simple for a start (assuming iterations/upgrades are possible with little negative side effects). Two reasons: in my experience, KISS is a sensible approach in most cases in general, and specifically, we should keep in mind the developments with regards to “withdrawal credentials initiated exits”.

If this happens, I’d guess the LIDO protocol could (and likely should) initiate exits directly, rather than relying on node operators?
Does anyone have insights with regards to an implementation timeline? My basic understanding (from before the Merge) was that this feature would be developed/released together with withdrawals, but I might be mistaken.

Separately, but related, I want to share that some of institutional clients are demanding some sort of solution to manage the risk of NO bankruptcy (“not responding at all”) but still be able to retrieve their stake. Industry-standard seems to be pre-signed exit transactions.
I do agree that mass storage of these for LIDO has more risks than benefits, but the general thought might be worth considering. But depending on above timeline with regards to “withdrawal credentials initiated exits”, LIDO could certainly opt for ignoring it.

2 Likes