Matt Stam - Delegate Thread

Name: Matt Stam (aka @mattstam)

Address: 0x33379367200Ac200182ccD4abD71683F2D24e373

Links: Lido DVT Operator | Lido CSM Operator | Lido Forum | Github | Twitter | LinkedIn | Telegram | Ethresear.ch | Ethereum Magicians

Introduction

I’m a developer with a background in traditional software engineering and infrastructure, and I transitioned to crypto in 2022. My journey into staking began as a solo staker, driven by a deep interest in Ethereum and helping improve its decentralization. Over time, I recognized the limitations of solo staking—such as the lack of liquidity and flexibility—and switched to staking via stETH. This gave me a firsthand appreciation of the value that Lido brings to the ecosystem.

Driven by a desire to contribute more directly to Lido’s mission, I became a Lido Operator for the DVT router with SSV, where I’ve focused on increasing client diversity by adopting minority clients like Reth and Nimbus while maintaining exceptional performance.

My goal is to push the limits of innovation in the staking ecosystem, not only by enhancing the security and resilience of Lido’s infrastructure but also by ensuring that Lido continues to set the standard as the premier, user-focused staking experience.

Motivation

Ethereum is constantly evolving—there are ongoing proposals that would radically shift the staking landscape and greatly affect Lido: SSF, Max EB, MVI Adjustments, Preconfs, MCP—just to name a few. This is a critical juncture in Lido’s timeline, and navigating these changes effectively will be pivotal to ensuring the protocol’s long-term success. Understanding these technical shifts is essential for making informed decisions that secure Lido’s future.

As a Lido DAO delegate, I aim to leverage my experience as a developer and staker to navigate these challenges effectively. My goal is to ensure Lido remains a leader in staking, balancing innovation with stability, and making decisions that benefit both the protocol and the broader Ethereum ecosystem.

Values and Decision-Making Approach

My approach to governance is guided by the following core values:

• Technical Excellence: I prioritize decisions that advance Lido’s technical infrastructure to enhance security, scalability, and user experience. My focus is on ensuring that Lido continues to lead in client diversity and protocol security while maintaining a robust and resilient staking environment, ultimately supporting the long-term success of the protocol.

• Holistic Perspective: My combined experience as a staker, operator, and developer provides a unique viewpoint on the ecosystem. This allows me to consider the needs and impacts on all participants, ensuring balanced and informed decision-making.

• Pragmatism and Integrity: I aim to balance forward-thinking innovation with practical, long-term solutions. My decisions will always prioritize the best interests of the protocol and its stakeholders, guided by a commitment to transparency and rationality.

Public Acceptance

I accept Lido DAO delegate Сode of Сonduct and am fully aligned with Lido’s Purpose, Mission, and Vision.

Disclosures

I work for Succinct, a company specializing in zero-knowledge. I do not foresee any conflicts of interest between my work at Succinct and my participation in Lido DAO governance, but I am committed to full transparency and will disclose any potential conflicts if they arise.

2 Likes

With LIP-21 officially live, you can now complete the delegation by going to Delegation | Lido DAO Voting UI and entering the address 0x33379367200Ac200182ccD4abD71683F2D24e373.

2 Likes