Lido Community Lifeguards Initiative

In light of @Eridian stepping down, I want to express my gratitude for his contributions to the initiative and the broader community. I’m excited to see what comes out of this new and more technical chapter.

I’m honored to be recommended as the coordinator, and with this post, I’m formally applying :partying_face:

Why me?

Over the past quarter, I’ve had the pleasure to contribute to the initiative, which has allowed me to work closely with Lido CS contributors or push forward the Community Staking Fleet, among other things (watch out for our Q1 2024 report soon!).

All this has only made me appreciate and want to be more involved with the work being done here for Lido and the whole Ethereum ecosystem.

Coupled with my previous experience coordinating community-focused education and grant programs, like the Gitcoin Grants-featured Token Engineering round the past year, the 10+ Solidity courses in local universities all across Latam, or the ongoing efforts of KipuStakers, I believe I can continue Eridian’s work and keep the initiative going.

What do I hope to accomplish?

I always thought of roles like these as removing or abstracting some managerial work so people can focus on what they’re good at. In that same spirit, as a coordinator, I hope to steward and serve the initiative, setting processes and keeping track of our work and goals in a way where Lifeguards can focus on CS.

That’s, of course, on top of continuing all the work to help bring more solo stakers to Lido and Ethereum, like the content pieces (blog posts & podcast), engagement with other communities, or spreading the word in our circles and conferences.

On a similar note, I’d love to use my this post to ask LEGO to consider extending the program, as the current extension lasts until Q2 2024. Considering the progress so far, and that it’s a critical moment for us as the first Simple DVT clusters hit Mainnet, and the Community Staking Module gets closer by the second.

8 Likes