Lido.fi Partnership on Eth2 Calculator

Hi all,

I’m reaching out to the community to see if they’d be interested in running a Lido partnership on our Eth2 calculator - https://ethereumprice.org/eth-2-calculator/

We receive 10,000 unique users per month to this page for our #1 ranking in Google for multiple terms relating to Eth2 staking. I’ve so far left it entirely unmonetized but there would appear to be an incredible opportunity to add Lido to the calculation flow.

I’ve now had requests from multiple users asking for staking services to be added to the calculator.

I’m proposing a banner underneath the “calculate” button as well as a direct link in the text generated after clicking “calculate”.

A bit of napkin numbers that may or may not be way off the mark:

Avg deposit: 5 ETH
Eth2 calculator visits: 10,000/month
Eth2 calculator referrals: 1,000/month (10% click through rate)
Conversion rate: 20%
Lido depositors: 200/month
Value to Lido: 100 ETH/month (@10% fee)

If the Lido.fi devs are able to setup basic tracking we’d be able to monitor performance and accuracy of these numbers and vote on whether to continue and at what rate.

Looking forward to the community’s thoughts.

2 Likes

It would be a good idea to also have a ‘months’ interval instead of just ‘years’.
I also suggest that once a user opens the page, the ‘advanced settings’ tab is automatically opened. I didn’t notice the tab until mentioned in a paragraph below, and–although advanced–I think a user would want to notice that when calculating their rewards. Or perhaps just make the text a wee bit larger.

I know you already mentioned in a paragraph on the site that operational costs aren’t factored into the calculation, but it would be an amazing idea to give the user the option to include costs of running a validator. Perhaps something like a “validator daily/weekly/yearly cost” fill-out where a user can modify the amount to their liking, similar to the already existing ‘validator uptime’ option (good idea, by the way).

Lastly, you have a slick website!

2 Likes