Ignas Delegate Thread

Contact Information

Name: Ignas
Address: ignasdefi.eth / 0x3DDC7d25c7a1dc381443e491Bbf1Caa8928A05B0
Twitter: @DefiIgnas

Introduction

First and foremost, I’m an active DeFi user and independent researcher. I share my findings and thoughts on X and my personal blog.

I’m also the co-founder of Pink Brains DeFi Creator Studio, which focuses on elevating quality projects through authentic representation.

Motivation

Currently, DeFi DAOs face several internal issues, such as voter apathy leading to governance attacks, insider voting, and voting concentration among a few active voting addresses. Additionally, they face external challenges like regulatory uncertainty.

I believe in a decentralized future, even if it seems naive. However, the current state of crypto is plagued by misaligned incentives that prioritize short-term speculative gains over the core DeFi values of self-sovereignty and custody.

Equally concerning is the trend of McKinsification in DAOs, where decisions are increasingly made by one or two professional consultant delegates. This discourages individual participation, as their opinions and votes have less impact.

To make DeFi DAOs viable, we must align incentives to encourage active participation in governance from the broader crypto community.

I see potential in Lido DAO’s incentivized delegation approach. It creates career opportunities for individual delegates while strengthening and decentralizing DAOs, making them less prone to corruption.

Values and Decision-Making Approach

Community must be at the core of every DAO.

Without giving the community a say in protocol governance, we’re no better than the Web2 companies we aim to replace—companies that view their “community” merely as users to extract value from.

I will support initiatives that align token holders with the protocol, such as revenue sharing or other methods to bring value to the token.

Token holders are frustrated with exploitative tokenomics that only benefit early insiders who acquired tokens at much lower prices, leaving no upside for new investors. Without incentives to buy and hold tokens, the attractiveness and health of DAOs decline.

Finally, I will highlight key votes and decisions of the DAO on X and my blog, as I believe the general public is often unaware of important actions being taken.

Public Acceptance

I accept Lido’s Public Delegate Code of Conduct and our Public Delegate Platform signals my alignment with the mission, vision, and purpose of Lido DAO.

Disclosures

I am the co-founder of Pink Brains at https:// pinkbrains. io, a DeFi creator studio dedicated to promoting DeFi projects through educational content. You can find the full list of projects we have worked on at our landing page.

I plan to apply as a delegate to other DAOs too, with the same mission of strengthening them and aligning token holders with the protocol.

I always make appropriate disclosures and recuse myself from voting when necessary.

Note: I could not add links as my account is new and will update this post when sharing links is allowed.

3 Likes