Lido Community Lifeguards Initiative

Proposing two new community lifeguards :ring_buoy: :ring_buoy:

As outlined in the Lido Community Lifeguard Q3 report above, I believe the time to onboard additional Community Lifeguards has arrived.

With the Simple DVT module underway and events filling up the calendar, itโ€™s a perfect time to onboard two new Community Lifeguards. The role description remains the same as detailed at the start of this forum post, and joining in Q4 2023 would give time for onboarding ready for a very busy Q1 2024!

Specific activities and actions for Community Lifeguards for the remainder of Q4 2023 and Q1 2024:

• Present updates on the regular NOM community calls.
  • Collaborating with Lidoโ€™s marketing and communication teams to develop and implement strategies for increasing Community Operator engagement and awareness.
  • Identifying opportunities for LEGO grants (e.g. community staker tooling) and facilitating the grants process for such initiatives.
  • Participating in community events, webinars, and AMAs as members of the Lido ecosystem and staker community.
  • Creating public knowledge bases for stakers interested in participating as Lido Node Operators across different module design types, starting with the Simple DVT module.

As part of this proposal, I would also like to propose that the funding window of the Community Lifeguards Initiative be extended to Q2 2024. This is not a request for additional funds but simply an extension for the window in which the already allocated funds can be used, which was originally proposed to end in Q4 2023.

I have spoken to @enti and @Stakesaurus to confirm that they are still available for the role and are happy for me to propose them as the latest Community Lifeguards. Both candidates have been valuable contributors to the Lido community and have shown themselves to be perfect candidates for the role. Here are just a few examples of there contributions:

I would recommend re-reading their applications in the comments above to hear in their own words why they would be best suited to join this initiative.

I believe these two candidates would be perfect additions to the Community Lifeguard team, promoting the decentralization of Ethereum staking through community outreach, education, and community staker support for Lido modules. They both have strong opinions and convictions about the future of Ethereum. Being a Lido Community Lifeguard is not an easy role, requiring a deep understanding of the Lido ecosystem and the broader Ethereum community. It demands active participation, including attending community events, engaging in discussions, and providing support.

In conclusion, I am confident that the inclusion of @enti and @Stakesaurus as the latest Lido Community Lifeguards will greatly benefit the initiative.

I invite the community to provide feedback on this proposal and show their support for our potential new Lifeguards. I look forward to continuing working together to ensure the safety and success of the Lido community :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes