Community Grants: CSM Resources

Now that the Community Staking Module is finally on testnet, and with more than 200 node operators registered, the Community Lifeguards Initiative sub-committee is willing to consider allocating retroactive funding for community-driven resources that will increase awareness of the module and help home stakers in their journey to validate on CSM.

Scope of this round

Any useful CSM-related resource is welcome, but here are some ideas on our wishlist:

• CSM guides & tutorials (written or video), for example:
    • Vanilla CSM set-up
    • CSM set-up through 3rd party integrations (eth-docker, Dappnode, Stereum, Sedge, etc.)
    • Guides to set up CSM with DVT using Obol or SSV
    • In-depth CSM explainers
    • Running CSM validators alongside your existing setup (vanilla or protocol-enabled validators)
    • Resources in other languages from node-running communities

If what you’re working on doesn’t fit the scope of this round but would like to be considered for a grant, please refer to the regular Community Staking grant process.

Funding

Up to USD $2,000

Note that this constitutes a maximum. The committee must consider entries sufficiently impactful/insightful to make them eligible for the retroactive grant.

How to apply

To apply for funding from this round, please comment on this thread with 2-3 lines describing what you did, 1-2 lines about yourself, contact info, an address on Ethereum Mainnet, and a link to the resource.

Please DM the Community Lifeguards (enti, Sam) for any clarifying questions or concerns regarding the resources. The members of the Community Lifeguards Initiative will be processing grants on a rolling basis until September 30th, 2024.

Judging criteria

Retroactive grants will be selected using the following considerations:

• Overall quality and clarity of the resource
  • Usability, including step-by-step instructions and visual aids
  • Uniqueness and novel value of content (e.g., shows how to set up a CSM validator with methods or tools that are not covered in other guides)

Helpful resources

Here are some helpful resources to get your work started:

14 Likes

What a great opportunity to get a small grant for a valuable contribution. I fully support it and would like to encourage Community Stakers to participate!

4 Likes

Hello all, I’m 0xricas :wave:
I’ve previously worked on guides for other crypto projects (namely Uniswap), and was a proud Eth PoW miner, pre-merge, and am now soon to become a node operator, validating for Lido’s CSM :slight_smile:

I believe video tutorials on CSM could be a great asset for the whole community, given how effective they are at onboarding beginners and newcomers to our space.

I’m currently working on a video guide on CSM node setup in Holesky, on a Dappnode, which I felt would’ve helped me in setting up my own node. It covers the whole process, from start to finish, in a simple and easy-to-understand manner, in both English and Spanish!

→ 𝕏: @0xricas
→ Discord: @0xricas
→ Telegram: @ricas0x
→ 0x9e471390214bA491E94353810235fB72eA85C5C5

3 Likes

Can you share any work you’ve done for others

Worked on univ3rse (.org), which was proposed as part of a Uniswap grant for liquidity management research on UniV3.
In this, I created dashboards with step-by-step guides on how to use each platform and comparing each with one another in detail.
Have also done a few video projects both in a hobby context and in formal contexts, such as for private events.

1 Like

Hi everyone, this is Daik1, and I work as BD Lead for Next Finance Tech, an SSP in Japan. Through CSM, we aim to encourage more people in APAC countries to become NOs to participate in validator operations for achieving more geographical decentralization of Ethereum.

In this context, our team organized Japan’s first event that introduced CSM with approximately 80 participants in July, inviting Sam (Stakesaurus). I am leading this. Through this commitment, we have published the following deliverables.

In August, we are planning another workshop with Sam, focused on supporting participants in setting up nodes on the testnet through the no-code approach. In preparation for this workshop, we are currently working on translating/explaining the following documents.

We plan to commit to a mid-to-long-term strategy that includes creating video contents and hosting community calls. Going forward, We will continue to work towards fostering a community and providing hands-on support to ensure that a significant number of CSM NOs emerge from Japan.

Contact Info

• Telegram : @penguin3ams
  • X : x.com
  • Company website : Top
  • 0x18c674F655594F15c490aeEac737895b7903E37f

update histry:

• 2024_8_20 15:15 (utc+9) Sam has granted me permission to insert links into the post, so I went ahead and added the links.
5 Likes

Thanks for your application @Daik1! I had a great time working with you guys in establishing the Lido CSM community in Japan during Edcon last month and I am glad to see that you have more activities planned on engaging this community.

Just a quick comment: It’d be good for the core team of Next Finance Tech and the Japanese solo staking community you are maintaining to join the Lido Discord server over time so that we can make sure they receive any announcements, new content, and opportunities in real time.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Noa from SEEDNodes. In our vertical, we focus on creating content in Spanish, breaking language barriers across the LATAM community. We collaborate with the Ethereum ethos by training new node operators and engaging directly with universities and Spanish-speaking communities. During this period, we’ve translated all Lido documentation into Spanish, including CSM material, to make it more accessible in the region.

Original Lido documentation: Link

Spanish-translated documentation: Link

CSM material in Spanish: Link

GitHub fork with the translation: Link

Contact Information:

Telegram: @NoaSeeds

X: SEEDNodes

Supersite: Link

Ethereum Address: 0xb692691ff328c6d52d6118549ab0755a8a376109

3 Likes

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your comment, sure, will do!

Thanks @enti

It’s great to see the community kicking off this initiative and rewarding previous contributions for CSM.

At Gitcoin we have built a platform that facilitates Retro Funding (called EasyRPGF) made specifically for this kind of thing.

If the Lido community may be interested in exploring this mechanism for these purposes I would volunteer myself to help in any way I can.

In the tweet linked below from our founder, Kevin Owocki, you can see more details on the platform:

Let us know if any interest. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Hey @Sov, thanks for the comment. It’s nice to see you around here! I love what y’all are doing at Gitcion (I proudly led a few rounds with the TEC last year using the Grants Stack).

We’re currently trying different things to see what fits the community best. IMO, we need to keep things as simple as possible (e.g., no need to sign up to another platform, minimal onchain actions, etc.) as we iterate. It’s just a bit early for us, but as soon as these efforts scale, we will start looking into tools that improve the experience and Allo-enabled are at the top of the list.

2 Likes

Hi @enti,

Davao DeFi Community is a non-profit organization focusing on educating people about Web3.
We would like to apply for this community grant as this project aligns to our interest and belief. We have been hosting events and doing Web3 education initiatives to spread awareness and knowledge of what has been developing in the blockchain space. We have ongoing collaboration with Eth63 Philippines for a developer-centric education in our local area where we touch about node operator and Lido CSM. And recently, we engaged in Stakesaurus Technical Training with Sam to learn and participate in the CSM Testnet.

We are planning to create an education campaign about Staking in Ethereum Network specifically a Lido CSM Workshop targeting professional tech communities, academe and students. We can also span out regional initiatives to different cities in the Philippines as our partnership with government agencies, universities, and developer communities had already been established.

Looking forward to collaborating with you in bringing this tech at the grass root level.

Regards,

Core Team
Davao DeFi Community
FB Page: davaodeficommunity
Twitter: @DavaoDefi

1 Like

Thanks and understood.

I’ll send a message so we can connect and keep in touch as things progress. Excited to see things getting started and the drive to try some new approaches.

1 Like

Hello all, again! :wave:

Here are the links for both the English and Spanish version of the video guides.
Hoping this might help someone on their staking journey :slight_smile:

:us: English Version :us:

:es: Spanish Version :es:

5 Likes

Thanks all for applying! For anyone curious to see all the resources created by the community and Lido DAO contributors we now have a database available here CSM Resources | Node Operator Portal.

And for applicants, we will start processing the first batch of grants next week.

5 Likes

Thanks for such a great piece of content! Appreciate it!

I encourage more people to create and apply.

5 Likes

Updates

I was a bit left behind of schedule though, Japanese onboarding materials are ready. No that Japanese future NOs can join CSM in their native language. The top page link is below.

It includes;

1. Translation works of the official docs
  2. Lido official blogs
    Japanese Translation: Lido CSM explanatory series
  3. Telegram Community
    Telegram: Contact @CSM_JP
  4. Hands-on video guide of CSM onboarding by Stakesaurus (Japanese subtitles)
    https://youtu.be/aZLPACj2oPI
  5. Hands-on text guide of CSM onboarding through ETHPillar
    Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
  6. Translated all of docs on Stakesaurus regarding CSM
4 Likes

My name is Ivan. I’ve been a Home Staker since 2022. I have participated in many Ethereum staking and DVT tests and dare to say that I have a good understanding of Ethereum’s Proof of Stake and Distributed Validation.

Recently, I’ve created a guide on how to set up a trust-minimised Obol DVT cluster for the Lido Community Staking Module, which has been very well received.

The guide can be found here:

https://github.com/cnupy/lido-csm-obol-dvt-guide
or
https://hackmd.io/@9u0cieIUT2Gsdm7YYOCKUg/S15o9sV20

X: @ivans_music
Discord: @cnupy
ENS: ipetkov.eth

2 Likes

The first batch, including @SEEDOrg and @0xricas was disbursed yesterday. Thanks both for the resources! Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

Thanks for applying @Daik1 and @cnupy! Love the translations and the depth of the Obol guide. We will evaluate and include them on the next batch.

2 Likes